What do I need to know for my home STI test?
- The test will only pick up infections in the areas that are tested
- If you have symptoms of any infection, then attending a STI screening clinic is highly recommended.
- Choose the test kit most appropriate to the type of sexual activity you engage in, for example men who have sex with men should choose test kit 3.
What do I need to know for my home health screen test?
- Fasting results are more accurate.
- Ideally stay well hydrated with water but avoid eating or drinking anything else 8 hours prior to the test.
- For your comfort we recommend early morning testing.
When should I take a HIV or syphilis test?
- You should wait 4 weeks after you think you could have been exposed to HIV.
- You should wait 12 weeks after you think you could have been exposed to Syphilis.
- This is because it takes time before STIs can be detected in a test.
- If unsure, test now and repeat later.
- You can do this test at any time of day.
When should I take this a chlamydia or gonorrhoea test?
- You should wait up to 2 weeks after you think you could have been exposed to chlamydia or gonorrhoea.
- Test taken prior to the 2 week window should be repeated after the 2 week timeframe.
What happens after posting my sample?
Your samples will be processed by the laboratory and the results of these tests will be communicated to you via sms or email. Our team will be available to you in the event of a positive or abnormal result to advise you further.
Who reviews your test results?
Our in-house medical team receive and review all laboratory results from our certified laboratory. Our team will be available to you in the event of positive or abnormal test results
How do I get my results?
Results are sent by sms or email. In some cases our team may need to contact you directly or provide you with our contact details to discuss your results further.